Operating System : Windows 2008 R2
DPM Version : DPM 2010
Tape Library : IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library with 1 drive
Issue faced when erasing or backup, the error prompted as failed.
Error Message : The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. (ID 998 Details: Access is denied (0x80070005))
After some troubleshooting, found there’s a way to resolve this issue. I changed the Tape driver in the DPM server.
Steps carried out
- Launch the Device Manager in the DPM server
- Locate the Tape Drives and right click, select Update Driver Software
- Select the “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
- Select the LTO Tape Drive (which is a native driver)
- Click Next till it’s finished.
- Then in the DPM console, select the Management and rescan it.
- Now the Tape Drive is ready and working once you perform the Erase or Backup.
keywords : The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. (ID 998 Details: Access is denied (0x80070005)), tape data erase, tape backup, DPM 2010, DPM2010, DPM, Status Failed, IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library