DPM tape taken from a Production site and imported into DPM in DR site. Everything is successful and can view the content. (Link on how to import external DPM tape is located here.)
The settings were follow :
- Firewall has been allowed for DPM to communicate between the DPM server and the DR Test Restore server.
- Antivirus has been made exclusions
Test results as follow :
- Restore to DPM (DR site) local hard disk is successful
- Restore from DPM (DR Site) to another server which is connected directly network cable in same segment of the backup vLAN is also successful
- Restore from DPM (DR Site) to the DR Test Restore server failed.
The error showed in DPM is as follow when doing the restore :
The event viewer in the DPM showed as follow :
“Most or all jobs failed to recover the requested data (ID : 3111). An unexpected error occurred while the job was running (ID : 104)”
After looking for sometime in Technet and blogs, there’s no solution.
Then realised that the segment for the new DR Test Restore server is sitting in another segment. It’s in another segment (172.31.110.33). The entry had already been entered in the Host File (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc), however it’s still not working.
Then at last, found the issue was on the Backup vLAN configurations (Link to “How to force to use alternate Path for Backup (Backup VLAN) is located here). So I edited to add in the 172 segment
After the entry was entered then I restarted the DPMRA services by elevated command prompt.
- net stop dpmra
- net start dpmra
After that I perform the restore from DPM in DR site to the DR Test Restore server, it was successful.
keywords : An unexpected error occurred while the job was running ID : 104 , Most or all jobs failed to recover the requested data (ID : 3111) DPM restore, DPM backup failed restore.