After upgrading from SCDPM 2012 SP1 to SCDPM 2012 R2, I hit the issue when I tried to configure the Reporting to be send out periodically in the Report Module of SCDPM 2012 R2.
The steps taken was the following :
- Launch the Reporting Services Manager (in my example is SQL 2008 R2, since it’s upgraded gradually from SCDPM 2012 SP1 to SCDPM 2012 R2)
- Ensure to the correct database that I’m pointing to (e.g. MSDPM2012)
- Navigate to E-Mail Settings.
- Key in the valid Sender Address and SMTP Server.
- Click Apply
- Launch the SCDPM 2012 R2 – Reporting
- Configure the schedule reporting with emails, tested with no issues.keywords : SCDPM 2012, DPM cannot enable e-mail subscription for reports unless SMTP details are configured in the remote SQL Server Reporting Service Installation. SMTP details need to be configured manually when an existing SQL Server is chosen to be used for DPM during DPM setup. Please enter the SMTP server name, SMTP port number and SMTP From address manually in the SQL Server Reporting Services configuration File.
- Configuration file path : c:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\SQL\MSRS10.MSDPM2010\Reporting Services\ReportServer\RSReportServer.config
- The SMTP Server details on the SMTP Servers tab in the Options dialog enables only DPM alert notifications. For more details, see DPM Help (ID : 220)
- SCDPM Report error, Systems Center Data Protection Manager Report Error, cannot configure email distribution in DPM report