I hit an issue on launching the DPM reporting. The DPM is functioning well except the reporting. It’s the issue of the SQL Reporting settings.
It stated as :
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted).
Query execution failed for dataset ‘DataSet2’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
Invalid object name ‘vw_DPM_Replica’.
Steps taken to resolve :
- Launch the Reporting Services Configuration Manager in the DPM
- Select the Report Manager URL on the left panel
- Click on the URL on the right panel
- Double-click on the DPMReporterDataSource
- The Connection string is missing.
- Minimize this screen
- Create a file call dbtest.udl on the desktop (it’s a build in Windows)
- Double click on it.
- Once the Data Link Properties launch, Select the server name (using the drop down)
- Use the Windows NT integrated security for the credential
- Select the database (using the drop down)
- Click Test Connection
- Click OK once it’s successful
- Right-click on the dbtest.udl and open with notepad
- Copy the text from “Intergrated ….. “till the end of the line
- Maximize the DPMReporterDataSource
- Paste the copied text into the Connection string.
- Click on Test Connection (may request to key in password again)
- Once successful, click Apply.
Launch the DPM reporting with no issue occurred.
keyword : DPM, SQL, SRSS, Reporting Services, rsErrorExecutingCommand, rsProcessingAborted, dataset, query execution failed, invalid object name