Recently I had set up quite a couple of VMs in Azure and one of the VMs local administrator’s password I’ve keyed in wrongly and totally forgotten what is it anymore.
So in the Azure new portal there’s a feature to reset the password.
Local Administrator username : bkhoo
The steps taken are as below :
- Launch the new portal : https://portal.azure.com
- On the left menu bar click on the Virtual Machines
- In the Virtual Machines, select the specific Virtual Machine that want to reset the local administrator password.
- In the settings menu on the right, click Reset password .
- Key in the new password and confirm password, then click on Reset
Then I test it, I can now RDP into the VM using the new reset password .
keywords : forgot password,local administrator password, Azure VM, Virtual machine password, how to reset local administrator password in virtual machine, VM, VMs, virtual machines