To protect SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014, the following must be done.
- Login to SQL Server Management Studio
- Add the system account NTAuthority\System to the Sysadmin group on SQL Server
- DPM cannot protect databases that are stored on remote SMB stores
- Availability group replicas are configured as read-only
- When you perform an alternate location recovery for a partially contained database, you must ensure that the target SQL instance has the Contained Databases feature enabled
Hope the above illustration helps