Over here I have a situation, I can access to the remote session (Terminal Services) to a server, but I can’t access it physically. I need to copy some of the files into the server for certain application update. I can’t use the \\servername\<drive> either from my station to copy from my drive to the server.
Here’s the solution that I would like to share.
- Run the Remote Desktop Session (or type ‘mstsc’ from RUN box)
- Don’t connect it yet.
- Click on the “Local Resources” tab
- In the Local devices and resources click More
- Select the drive that you want to attach, then click OK.
- Key in the computer name and username.
- Click “Connect”.
- Then you can see the extra drive in the remote server.
Hope this guide helps you.
keywords : remote access, mstsc, attach external drive to remote access, attach external drive to be recognize by terminal services or remote access. USB drive recognize by remote access.