Thursday, March 14, 2013

How to Connect a Drive Recognize in Remote Desktop Session (MSTSC)

Over here I have a situation, I can access to the remote session (Terminal Services) to a server, but I can’t access it physically.  I need to copy some of the files into the server for certain application update.  I can’t use the \\servername\<drive> either from my station to copy from my drive to the server. 

Here’s the solution that I would like to share.

  • Run the Remote Desktop Session (or type ‘mstsc’ from RUN box)
  • Don’t connect it yet.
  • Click on the “Local Resources” tab

image

  • In the Local devices and resources click More

image

  • Select the drive that you want to attach, then click OK.

image

  • Key in the computer name and username.
  • Click “Connect”.
  • Then you can see the extra drive in the remote server.

Hope this guide helps you.

keywords : remote access, mstsc, attach external drive to remote access, attach external drive to be recognize by terminal services or remote access. USB drive recognize by remote access.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment