Friday, March 18, 2011

Reading VHD from Windows 7 or Server 2008

Sometimes you were wondering, can I take some of the content out from the VHD that I’ve build ?  Well the question is answered. 
Using Windows 7 or Server 2008, you can attached the VHD and pull out the content. 
Of course , the first thing is to shutdown the VM Smile
So, here I have the VHD located in my D Drive.
image
image
Next is to Right-click on “MY COMPUTER” and select Manage
image
Expand the Computer Management, then expand the Storage & then to the Disk Management. 
Right click on the Disk Management and then select Attach VHD
image
The “Attach Virtual Hard Disk” pop-up will appear.  I can either key in the VHD or click on Browse to locate the VHD that I intend to see the content, then click OK.
image
Once I’ve attached the VHD, I can see another Disk which is the VHD.
image
Now I want to explore the content which is located in the G Drive (that is my VHD).  I just right-click on the G Drive and select Explore
image
Now I can copy out the content that I want to to my local Hard Disk or to a location that I want.  Cool isn’t it ?
image
So once I’m done, I can Detach VHD and start up the VM if I want to.
-Done-
Thanks to Vincent Hoo for the sharing Hot smile

No comments:

Post a Comment